With cyber threats on the rise and data volumes continuing to explode, organizations of all sizes need simple, efficient, and scalable data protection and cyber resiliency solutions to ensure their critical data assets are protected and secure across hybrid, multi-cloud and edge environments.
Consider the following data points from the Dell Technologies 2021 Global Data Protection Index:
- 67% of organizations are not very confident that all business-critical data can be recovered in the event of a cyber attack
- 76% struggle to protect cloud-native applications
- 82% are concerned their organization’s existing data protection solutions won’t be able to meet all future business challenges
In this episode of Talking Tech, I have a conversation with David Noy, VP of Product Management, to discuss what we are doing today to help organizations address these concerns as well as challenges with increased IT complexity and escalating cloud costs.
We hone in on three areas where we are helping our customers achieve enhanced data protection and cyber resiliency while simplifying IT through increased data protection automation:
- Hybrid, multi-cloud cloud integration. Our customers have the flexibility and choice to deploy PowerProtect cloud data protection solutions on-premises, in the cloud or on the edge – through integrated appliances or software-defined solutions. These solutions are easy to deploy and easy to manage and help automate backup and DR to the cloud to ensure the protection of VMs, Kubernetes containers, cloud-native apps and SaaS workloads. Our solutions are also consumable in the cloud marketplace, enabling our customers to draw down on their committed cloud spend while enjoying a consistent way to efficiently protect any workload across their hybrid, multi-cloud estate.
- VMware integration. In addition to providing comprehensive protection for VMware VMs and Kubernetes containers, our Data Protection Suite integrates with vCenter to automate the discovery and protection of any VMware workload. To further automate administrative tasks, our customers are leveraging our powerful REST APIs and automation tools.
- Integrated cyber-resiliency. Isolation, immutability, and intelligence are the three key capabilities required to ensure critical data is protected and recoverable from cyber threats such as ransomware. Our integrated data protection and cyber-recovery solutions deliver automated recovery workflows so that when the unexpected happens, our customers can rapidly recover their critical data assets.