- Performance-enhanced ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5 delivers supreme power
- ThinkVision M14d USB-C monitor is world’s first 14-inch 16:10 mobile display14
- ThinkPad P16s Gen 1 & P14s Gen 3 delight professionals needing ISV-certifications on the go
- Comprehensive ThinkPad T series exemplifies the workhorse laptop
February 28, 2022 – Today at MWC™, Lenovo™ announced the latest additions to its ThinkPad and ThinkVision portfolios. The latest ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5, powered by up to the latest Intel vPro® with 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 H-series processors running Windows 11 Pro and available with the latest NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ Laptop GPUs, up to 64GB DDR5 memory and optional dual Solid-State Drives (SSD) supporting up to a massive 8TB, takes performance to a whole new level for the most demanding tasks. X1 Extreme Gen 5 also now includes Dolby Voice® with AI noise cancellation and an optional WQXGA 165Hz refresh rate display with low blue light for meticulous content creators.
Lenovo is also introducing several updates to its ThinkPad T series portfolio to address the productivity and collaboration needs of a widely diversified workforce. The broad move to 16:10 aspect ratio displays with low blue light technology1 with FHD camera options combined with Dolby Audio speaker system and Dolby Voice enhance the collaboration experience, boosted by more stable connectivity thanks to Wi-Fi 6E2 and enhanced WWAN3 choices.
These innovations come after Lenovo has been recognized once again as one of the world’s most sustainable companies by Corporate Knights. By 2025, Lenovo aims to obtain 90% of electricity for global operations from renewable sources and remove one million tons of greenhouse gas emissions from the supply chain. Lenovo also remains focused on reducing its impact on the environment by including Post-Consumer Content (PCC) recycled plastic materials in the speaker enclosure, battery brackets and AC adaptors4 in today’s ThinkPad announcements. Likewise, these ThinkPad laptops include 90 percent recycled and/or sustainable packaging5 and are ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® registered for meeting energy saving and environmental standards.
Hybrid working environments need flexible and mobile workspaces. Increasing screen time adds pressure to an already overloaded display real estate. Enter the all-new ThinkVision M14d mobile USB-C® monitor weighing less than 1.3 pounds (600 grams)6 offers a super narrow bezel 14-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display with high resolution (2240 x 1400) that supports a 100% sRGB wide color gamut for greater visual fidelity. Natural low blue light technology helps eye care and a simple one cable connection to extend screen space makes it easy to work through complex workflows and collaborate with customers or colleagues.
X1 Extreme Delivers Brains and Brawn
The ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5 is a performance powerhouse designed to delight all users who pursue supreme power for demanding work and high-definition entertainment. The fifth generation takes all that is good in the X1 Extreme platform and produces the most powerful ThinkPad X1 ever.
New features include:
- New 165Hz refresh rate 16-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display option with low blue light technology. Other display options7 offer up to 600 nit brightness with 4K resolution, factory color calibration, Dolby Vision® HDR for ultra-vivid image quality and feature low blue light technology. Touch and pen input are optional features on select panels.
- 12th Gen Intel Core H-series processors up to i9 and optional Intel vPro technology
- New High-performance mobile graphics options delivered courtesy of NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti with 16GB GDDR6. Other options include NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, RTX 3060 or RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPUs.
- Integrated liquid metal thermal paste for both CPU and GPU and vapor chamber cooling can provide up to 10% performance boost8 through better thermal efficiency, and helps enable 110W TDP.
- X1 Extreme Gen 5 can be configured with fast DDR5 4800Mhz memory up to 64GB and two 4TB M.2 PCIe Gen 4 SSDs and a large capacity 90Wh (Watt hour) battery.
- SD Express 7.0 card reader to support the latest ultra-fast SDXC memory cards9.
- Dolby Voice with its latest noise cancelling technology is added to the Dolby powered solutions that include standard Dolby Atmos® speaker system and optional Dolby Vision on select displays.
- ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5, like all ThinkPad X1 models, is ready to support Tile’s full suite of finding features, so users can locate their PC up to 14 days, even when it’s shut down10
These improvements illustrate Lenovo’s relentless pursuit in perfecting the design and engineering processes to maximize performance and user experience.
ISV-Certification Needs on the Move
ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 and P16s Gen 1, Lenovo’s most mobile workstations, offer a mix of power and performance for professional users-on-the-go. Built with the latest Intel Core processors and NVIDIA T550 professional graphics, both workstations are ISV-certified and ideally suited to power applications such as AutoCAD®, Revit®, SolidWorks®, and more. These mobile machines also ensure reliability and durability with the ThinkShield security suite and MIL-SPEC testing that highly mobile power users need. Both models also offer improved usability features including a wider touchpad, all-day battery capacity, an upgraded FHD webcam, blue light reduction and X-Rite factory color calibration for true-to-life color accuracy. New to Lenovo’s mobile workstation portfolio, the ThinkPad P16s Gen 1 redefines power and portability with a thin and light 16-inch chassis. This new form factor, like all ThinkPad P series, is designed with engineers, architects, and students in mind, and has a 16:10 aspect ratio display that delivers increased screen space for viewing and creating with extreme clarity. Both workstations will be available in black or an aluminum storm grey cover.
The Workhorse Gets Even Better
ThinkPad T series, first introduced in 2000 and Lenovo’s most successful business laptop, has long been the workhorse of the portfolio designed to meet the needs of a broad range of business users. Today, Lenovo is also introducing a new ThinkPad T16 along with updated ThinkPad T14s Gen 3 and T14 Gen 3. Available with either the latest 12th Gen Intel Core processors with optional Intel vPro technology, or the latest AMD Ryzen™ PRO 6000 Series processors for mobile with the Microsoft Pluton security processor, all running up to Windows 11 Pro.
New features at a glance include:
- New 14-inch and 16-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display options surrounded by a four-sided narrow bezel design. A wide variety of display options vary by model and can offer up to 500 nit brightness with 4K resolution, Dolby Vision HDR support and some feature low blue light technology. A 2.8K OLED option is available on ThinkPad T14s. Touch capability is also optional on select panels.
- Mobile graphics are delivered courtesy of integrated AMD Radeon™ 600M graphics on AMD models, or up to Intel® Iris® Xe graphics with optional NVIDIA MX 550 or RTX 2050 discrete graphics on Intel models.
- Wi-Fi 6E and optional Cat16 4G Wireless WAN offer fast and reliable connection at home, in the office or somewhere in between.
- ThinkPad T14 and T16 are offered with two battery options. On T14 a 39.3Wh option for people who seek a device 0.5 pounds (0.23kg) lighter than previous generation for easier mobility, and a 52.5Wh option for those wanting more battery life. On T16, bigger battery options are available with 52.5Wh and 86Wh.
- The new 16:10 aspect ratio designs integrate an optional FHD or FHD Infrared camera for improved video conferencing quality with physical privacy shutter. Radar based human presence detection is available on T14s with the IR camera.
- ThinkPad T14 will be first to market with a new software-only human presence detection solution using ultrasound sensor technology delivered by Elliptic Labs’ AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™
- A larger 115mm touchpad for improved usability for touchpad users.
- As with the X1 Extreme Gen 5, Dolby Voice® with its latest noise cancelling technology is added to the Dolby powered solutions that include standard Dolby Audio speaker system and optional Dolby Vision® on select displays.
- Security is of paramount importance with hybrid working. The fingerprint reader is integrated into the power button for easier sign on through Windows Hello™11 and all models are Windows Secured-core PCs.
Turn Anywhere into an Office
An excellent companion to any ThinkPad is the new ThinkVision M14d mobile USB-C monitor. Weighing less than 1.3 pounds (600 grams)2, the M14d with its 14-inch IPS 2.2K display delivers extra viewing space with an increasingly common 16:10 aspect ratio, and is easily connected via a USB Type-C cable which can also offer power pass-through for an elegant one cable solution12. With the two USB-C ports supporting data transfer, the M14d can act as a USB hub allowing the connection of supported peripherals such as external storage or a smartphone to the unused port. Whether adding a convenient second display in a home office, or comfortably sharing content with others in meeting spaces, ThinkVision M14d is designed for extended use thanks to an ergonomic height adjustment stand up to 11mm and features natural low blue light technology to reduce eye strain. What’s more, it comes with a protective sleeve so it can conveniently slip into a carry case with a laptop.