LAS VEGAS – January 8, 2019 – Today, at CES 2019, Lenovo announced a new group of intelligent devices from across its portfolio – products designed to transform and improve the way people live, work, and play. By harnessing the power of smart technology, via Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI), Lenovo’s newest innovations unlock human potential, empower users to break boundaries and enhance connectedness.
Lenovo’s new innovations are built for Intelligent Transformation, the idea of people improving their lives through the use of transformative technology – for play, work, or in the home, and the Lenovo products announced today at CES 2019 do just that.
Transforming the Way We Live
Lenovo Smart Clock with the Google AssistantTM
Lenovo has teamed up with Google® again – this time to unveil the Lenovo Smart Clock with the Google Assistant, the latest addition to Lenovo’s innovative smart living product line. Purpose-made for your bedroom, the Lenovo Smart Clock helps you unwind in the evening, kickstart your day, control your smart home and listen to your favorite music with multi-room audio grouping. As the latest device in Lenovo’s smart home family, the Lenovo Smart Clock adds to an ever-growing line-up that now includes the Lenovo Smart Display and the Lenovo Smart Home Essentials, bolstering Lenovo’s continued commitment to making families’ lives easier and more productive. Read the Lenovo Smart Clock release for more details.
Lenovo Smart Tabs powered by Amazon® Alexa®
Collaborating with Amazon, Lenovo created Lenovo Smart Tabs, a new category of 2-in-1 tablets which turn into full-function smart screens with Amazon Alexa. They’re a must-have for households and is remarkably simple to set up. Just place the Lenovo Smart Tab into the complimentary Lenovo Smart Dock, and the tablet transforms into a “Show Mode” smart screen device, with full-screen visuals and crisp, room-filling sound that complements Alexa’s responses from nearly anywhere in the room. With Lenovo Smart Tabs, households now have access to a fully-featured AndroidTM tablet that doubles as a hub for smart home devices. That capability makes this new 2-in-1 tablet plus smart dock much more than the sum of its parts, opening up new and exciting ways to make households easier to manage. Read the Lenovo Smart Tabs story for more details.
Transforming the Way We Play
The Smartest Consumer Yoga™ Computers Yet
AI coupled with advanced audio and display technologies is making Lenovo’s next-gen Yoga computers their smartest yet. Whether you’re a digital nomad, business professional, digital content creator, or designer, the technologies in the new Yoga S940, Yoga A940, Yoga C730 with AMOLED and Yoga Mouse with Laser Presenter can help you get things done faster and make life easier.
The Slim and Smarter Yoga S940
The Yoga S940 ultra-slim Windows® 10 laptop delivers security and privacy without sacrificing productivity and convenience thanks to an entire suite of Lenovo Smart Assist AI-enabled features.1 Leveraging AI, this includes the option to automatically filter out most ambient noise and blur out distracting backgrounds during video calls. The minute you turn your head away from your laptop screen, the Yoga S940’s AI-powered sensors1 can detect your absence and auto-lock the display to protect your data from others seeing it. It can also detect and alert you when a nosey neighbor is shoulder surfing from your screen, or help increase productivity by shifting open windows and content contextually to a connected external monitor, based on your attention, intent and focus. The new Yoga S940 is also the world’s first laptop with Contour Glass that wraps around its bezels – reducing the look of its already razor-thin bezels for a streamlined design.2 Read the Yoga release for more details.
Get Creative on the Powerful Yoga A940
For artists and designers, nothing is better than sketching with a pencil on paper, right? The new Yoga A940 all-in-one desktop is here to challenge that notion. Built for digital content creators, the Windows 10 Yoga A940 is a powerful creative canvas with a large 27-inch optional 4K IPS touchscreen display with Dolby Vision®, which brings entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. It features a rotating hinge that enables the display to tilt to a comfortable 25-degree drafting mode, for remarkable flexibility and stability when drawing, sketching or annotating with a digital pen. It also features the Lenovo Precision Dial, a controller that’s tailor made for designers, photographers and videographers to make more precise selections and adjustments to their content. With Lenovo Smart Assist AI-enabled features,1 a Dolby Vision-enabled 4K wide angle display with stunning brightness, contrast, color and detail, and boosted by Dolby Atmos® Speaker System for rich, moving audio, the Yoga A940 is the ideal centerpiece in any content creator’s home or workspace. Read the Yoga release for more details.
See the Difference on the Yoga C730 with AMOLED
Equipped with JBL® speakers and Dolby Atmos which delivers immersive audio over any pair of compatible headphones, the 15-inch Yoga C730 2-in-1 convertible laptop gets an upgrade with up to a 4K AMOLED display. AMOLED brings a noticeably more vivid viewing experience with an incredible degree of color clarity and contrast for higher-quality resolution. It also emits less harmful blue light – making it easier on the eyes while providing amazing video picture quality. Portable and powerful, the Yoga C730 features 8th Gen Intel® CoreTM i7 processors, Windows Ink™ for digital pen input, Windows Hello™ for instant log-in, and the smart convenience of Cortana® and Alexa.3 Read the Yoga release for more details.
Just Twist and Point with the Yoga Mouse with Laser Presenter
Today’s professionals have more than enough to carry with them when running from one meeting to the next – from their laptops to phones, chargers and more. With this user pain point in mind, we streamlined two accessories into one and designed the latest generation Yoga Mouse with Laser Presenter. With just one twist, it converts from an ergonomic mouse with up to 1,600 DPI for high-precision tracking on nearly any surface into a flat, fully functional laser presenter (and vice versa). No more fumbling with a handful of devices at your next presentation with the latest Yoga Mouse in hand. Read the Yoga release for more details.
Lenovo Legion™ Gets More Savage with Performance Boost
The latest Lenovo Legion gaming line-up is more powerful than ever — with a new range of high-performance PCs and an entire family of re-designed gaming accessories and monitors. The latest gaming additions to the Lenovo Legion line-up include:
- Savage new Lenovo Legion Y740 and Y540 Laptops
- Sleek Lenovo Legion K500 RGB Mechanical Keyboard and M500 RGB Gaming Mouse
- Ergonomic Lenovo Legion H500 Pro 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset and H300 Stereo Gaming Headset
- Stylish Lenovo Legion Y27gq Monitor and Y44w Monitor for ultra-fast, smooth and immersive gaming
- Upgraded Lenovo Legion T730 and T530 towers and C730 and C530 cubes to the latest NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 GPUs
Each of these products are designed to deliver the speed and performance gamers need to succeed at the highest level, whether at home or on the go. We know that gamers come from diverse backgrounds as students or working professionals, which is why we designed the new Lenovo Legion portfolio to look just as great in a living room as it would in a conference room. This gaming line-up is engineered to handle the toughest technical challenges while retaining a clean aesthetic that won’t feel out of place in any environment. Read the Lenovo Legion release for more details.
The Way We Work
Perfecting the ThinkPad X1
In 2019, we’ve refined the ThinkPad X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga laptops and made broad improvements the most discerning users will appreciate. What’s more, we have listened to our customers and evolved the laptops’ look and feel to represent a contemporary and dynamic workforce.
Rounding off the PC announcements is a selection of accessories to complete the office, home or travelling users’ digital ecosystem:
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen and X1 Yoga 4th Gen are both thinner and lighter than ever
- X1 Yoga 4th Gen now available in an all-aluminum chassis
- New display options, including a 400 nit FHD display with ThinkPad Privacy Guard
- New Dolby Atmos Speaker System with four far-field mics
- Latest 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- New Cat16 LTE-A option and enhanced WLAN and WWAN antenna design
- ThinkShutter now available on both HD and IR cameras
- New ThinkVision 43.3-inch P44w monitor offers dual-display capability without bezels
- A selection of accessories including the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2, a Lenovo Pro Stereo USB Headset, the Lenovo VOIP 360 Camera Speaker, the Lenovo Powered USB-C Hub, the Lenovo 700 Ultraportable Bluetooth Speaker and a Lenovo Commuter Backpack.
New design options will be the most noticeable feature of the latest generation ThinkPad X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga. The former can include a visible carbon fiber weave top cover and the latter has been redesigned and re-engineered from the ground up. The ThinkPad X1 Yoga is now a precision-machined all-aluminum laptop in a beautiful iron grey color.
Improvements are more than skin-deep. Enhanced security features such as ThinkPad PrivacyGuard and a faster Match-on-Chip fingerprint reader will keep end-users protected. Device experience has been enhanced with more display options, Dolby Atmos audio, four inbuilt microphones and improved wireless capabilities for the best possible collaboration and productivity experience. Read the ThinkPad announcement for more details.
Further product blogs, specs, images and more are available in the StoryHub press kit. Learn more at www.lenovo.com/CES.
US Pricing and Availability4
- The Lenovo Smart Clock is available at $79.99 starting spring 2019.4
- Lenovo Smart Tab with Tab P10 is $299.99 with pre-orders starting January 2019 on www.amazon.com and www.lenovo.com.4
- Lenovo Smart Tab with Tab M10 is $199.99 with pre-orders starting January 2019 on www.amazon.com and www.lenovo.com.4
- The Lenovo Yoga S940 will start at $1,499.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com and Micro Center starting May 2019.4
- The Lenovo Yoga A940 will start at $2,349.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com and Best Buy starting April 2019.4
- The 15-inch Lenovo Yoga C730 with AMOLED is expected to be available in select markets starting March 2019.4
- The 17-inch Lenovo Legion Y740 Laptop will start at $1,979.99 and the 15-inch model will start at $1,749.99, both are expected to be available on www.lenovo.com and select retailers starting February 2019.4
- The 15-inch Lenovo Legion Y540 Laptop will start at $929.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com and select retailers starting May 2019.4
- Pricing and availability of the Lenovo Legion T730, T530, C730 and C530 desktops with upgraded NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPUs will be shared later.4
- The Lenovo Legion M500 RGB Gaming Mouse will start at $59.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com starting April 2019.4
- The Lenovo Legion K500 RGB Mechanical Keyboard will start at $99.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com starting April 2019.4
- The Lenovo Legion H300 Stereo Gaming Headset will start at $59.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com starting April 2019.4
- The Lenovo Legion H500 Pro 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset will start at $99.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com starting April 2019.4
- The Lenovo Legion Y27gq Monitor will start at $999.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com starting April 2019.4
- The Lenovo Legion Y44w Monitor will start at $1,199.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com starting April 2019.4
- The Lenovo Yoga Mouse with Laser Presenter will start at $69.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com starting June 2019.4
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon will start from $1709 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com and business partners from June 2019.4
- ThinkPad X1 Yoga will start from $1929 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com and business partners from June 2019.4
- ThinkVision P44w will start from $1299 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com and business partners from April 2019.4
- ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 is available now on www.lenovo.com at $319.99.
- Lenovo Pro Stereo USB Headset will start from $249.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com from March 2019.4
- Lenovo VOIP 360 Camera Speaker will start from $249.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com from March 2019.4
- Lenovo 700 Ultraportable Bluetooth Speaker will start from $149.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com from April 2019.4
- Lenovo Powered USB-C Hub will start from $79.99 and is expected to be available on www.lenovo.com from January 2019.4.
- Lenovo Commuter Backpack is expected to be available from January 2019. Check www.lenovo.com for pricing.4
Watch the product tour videos for more information:
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune Global 500 company and a global technology leader in driving Intelligent Transformation through smart devices and infrastructure that create the best user experience. Lenovo manufactures one of the world’s widest portfolios of connected products, including smartphones (Motorola), tablets, PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion) and workstations as well as AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society. Lenovo works to inspire the difference in everyone and build a smarter future where everyone thrives. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, read about the latest news via our StoryHub, or visit our website at http://www. lenovo.com.
1 Lenovo Smart Assist features are expected to be available starting May 2019. Users will be automatically prompted by Lenovo Vantage to access those features. Features will vary per product.
2 Based on research conducted by Lenovo on December 1, 2018 of PCs sold by major PC manufacturers shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually.
3 Cortana is accessible through the Windows 10 start menu, and Alexa for PC is accessible through Lenovo Vantage during the initial set-up. Both come with far-field voice recognition technology, with recommended use of up to 4 meters away on Cortana, and up to 2.74 meters on Alexa. Alexa is available on select Lenovo PCs in the US, UK and Germany
4 Prices do not include tax, shipping or options and are subject to change without notice; additional terms and conditions apply. Reseller prices may vary. On-shelf dates may vary by geography and products may only be available in select markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice.
LENOVO, YOGA and LENOVO LEGION are trademarks of Lenovo. CES is a trademark of the Consumer Technology Association. GOOGLE, ANDROID and GOOGLE ASSISTANT are trademarks of Google LLC. AMAZON and ALEXA are trademarks of Amazon Technologies, Inc. WINDOWS, WINDOWS HELLO, WINDOWS INK and CORTANA are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. DOLBY ATMOS and DOLBY VISION are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. JBL is a trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. NVIDIA and GEFORCE RTX are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019, Lenovo Group Limited.