From never-before-seen form factors to new user experiences, Lenovo’s innovation history is laden with firsts that have continued to define and re-imagine smart, personalized computing. Today, another breakthrough is on the horizon.
At Accelerate, we’re unveiling a preview and demo of the world’s first foldable PC.1 Made for highly mobile, tech-savvy professionals who demand the best tools, the new foldable PC joins the premium ThinkPad X1 family, promising that the unprecedented portability will in no way compromise productivity and reliability. This is not a phone, tablet, or familiar hybrid; this is a full-fledged laptop with a foldable screen.
We all want access to a large comfortable
screen even on the go, but travel can make this inconvenient or impossible. Never
mind that remote work increased 140
percent from 2008 to 2016, with more and more employees taking
time-sensitive, media-intensive projects with them everywhere. In the past, a
13.3-inch screen on a laptop demanded that the device stay at that same size
footprint —not so with this single OLED 2K display made in collaboration with LG
Display® that can fold in half and reduce its width by 50 percent. Intel®-powered
with Windows®, the foldable ThinkPad can transition with users from day to
- Wake up, fold it into a book, and start the day scanning your social media feeds in bed.2
- Walk to your kitchen, unfold it, and stand it up for hands-free viewing of your top news sites.2
- Hit your commute on the bus or train and morph it into a clamshell to catch up on emails.2
- Get into the office, dock it into your multi-monitor setup and get to work.
- Go into meetings, take notes with its pen, and write on a full screen tablet.
- After lunch, set up the stand and use its mechanical keyboard to type out a few work emails.2
- Come home at night, open it up and stream your favorite shows.2
- Relax in bed, fold it in half and enjoy your latest read before going to sleep.
This space-saving ThinkPad combines laptop
productivity with smartphone portability to fold into your lifestyle like never
before. Stay tuned for full product details and availability in 2020. We can’t
wait to show you more.
Watch the video here.
Discover more at www.lenovo.com/accelerate.
Accelerate 2019 press kit with images is available here.
1 Based on research conducted by Lenovo in May 2019 of laptops sold by major PC manufacturers shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually.
2 Internet access required and not included.
LENOVO and THINKPAD are trademarks of Lenovo. WINDOWS is a trademark of Microsoft Corp. Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. LG Display is a trademark of LG Display Co., Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019, Lenovo Group Limited.