BERLIN – August 30, 2018 – Today, at the company’s annual Tech Life event, Lenovo™ unveiled a series of new smart home, laptop and AR devices, continuing its commitment to transforming technology and user experiences, making the devices easier to use, more engaging and more productive for consumers.
This commitment is fueled by Lenovo’s ‘Intelligent Transformation’ strategy and a product ethos of engineering with purpose; designing for difference and creating technology that empowers customers with tomorrow’s technology today.
Bringing the Smart Home Vision to Life
Lenovo Smart Home Essentials is a new family of connected devices that offer a simple, one-stop shop for a smarter, more intelligent home. Addressing today’s fragmented smart device landscape, Lenovo’s family of connected home essentials – and the recently launched Lenovo Smart Display – signal the company’s growing and multiplatform AI ecosystem and ambitions in the smart home category.
The Lenovo Link app serves as a centralized control center to set up and manage all applicable devices, as opposed to an individual app for each device. Users can control specific groups of devices at once or automate them to make certain actions at specific times during the day. Not only do the Lenovo Smart Home Essentials work with the Google Assistant™ and Amazon® Alexa®,1 but customers will be able to easily set up, automate and control various aspects of the home with just their voice using the Lenovo Smart Display as a control hub.
Lenovo Smart Essentials includes:
- Lenovo Smart Plug – a small, simple-to-use device that can be plugged into any open outlet, letting users control any compatible device that’s plugged into it
- Lenovo Smart Camera – a smart surveillance camera that lets you monitor live video footage inside the home—even at night through infrared night vision. Its built-in mic and speaker allow for two-way audio capability
- Lenovo Smart Bulb – a smart light bulb that lets users remotely schedule and customize lighting—adjusting color temperature and dim brightness, or turning it on and off from anywhere and at any time through the Lenovo Link app.
The Lenovo Smart Essentials range of products will be available starting in the US in November and is expected to expand to other markets including EMEA and Australia later.9 Lenovo Smart Display is expected to be available in Australia and the UK starting October.9
The Best of Innovation and Design Come Together with the New Yoga™ PC Range
Lenovo’s premium Yoga consumer PC portfolio offers top quality craftsmanship, meaningful innovation and immersive entertainment for on-the-go users who expect powerful and agile performance. Powered by 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, the Yoga C930 is Lenovo’s flagship Windows® 10 consumer 2-in-1 laptop, debuting a never-before-seen Rotating Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos® Speaker System2, speakers custom-designed to deliver breakthrough moving audio. It supports Dolby Vision™ HDR, which transforms your entertainment with ultra-vivid imaging. The Yoga C930 also features a Garaged Pen that charges in its compartment, providing more intuitive productivity. Far-range mics enable Cortana® and Alexa on the Yoga C930 to recognize voice command from up to four meters away, even in standby mode.3
The new Yoga Book C930 is the world’s first dual display laptop with E Ink,2 rewriting the rules of portable productivity. The versatile E Ink screen turns into a dynamic, customizable keyboard with multi-language support, digital paper for notes or sketching, and even an eReader at the touch of a button. All this combined with Windows 10 and Intel Core processor performance in an ultra-thin and ultra-light form factor with great battery life.4 As the industry’s first device to be powered by Qualcomm®’s latest Snapdragon™ 850 Mobile Compute Platform, the thin and light Yoga C630 WOS combines the power and productivity of a Windows 10 laptop with the always-connected mobility of a smartphone. Made for today’s mobile generation, it has integrated LTE Advanced Pro5 with up to 25+ hours of local video playback.6 The Yoga C930 and Yoga Book C930 will be available in EMEA from end of September with a starting price of €1,499 (inc VAT) and €999 (inc VAT) respectively.9 Availability for the Yoga C630 WOS is November with a starting price of €999 (inc VAT).9
Turbo-Charged Productivity with the New ThinkPad X1 Extreme
Lenovo’s new slim and stylish ThinkPad X1 Extreme will enable users to power through intensive tasks thanks to its discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics and the latest 8th Gen Intel Core processors featuring integrated Gigabit Wi-Fi, which includes Core i9.11 The multi-monitor support enables multitasking and RapidCharge technology charges the battery up to 80 percent in just 60 minutes. Its 4K, 100 percent Adobe RGB color gamut display with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio set the bar high for content creation or consumption activities on this device. Innovative security features include ThinkShutter camera cover, Windows Hello™ facial recognition, and touch fingerprint reader. The ThinkPad X1 Extreme will be available in EMEA from September with a starting price of €1,695 (exc VAT).9
“We are excited to see new devices that harness the incredible performance, connectivity, intuitive voice experiences and battery efficiency enabled by the latest 8th Gen Intel Core processors,” said Chris Walker, Vice President of the Client Computing Group at Intel. “Intel and Lenovo have a long history of collaboration that has resulted in amazing mobile computing innovations, and that is on full display with this new lineup.”
New Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges Dark Side Content Expansion and Limited Edition Kylo Ren Lightsaber
Fan-favorite Star Wars: Jedi Challenges will receive a Dark Side Expansion, a new, free content update that allows fans to play through new challenges as Kylo Ren – dueling Yoda, Rey and more in AR. The Dark Side Expansion update will be available as a free update this winter.
In celebration of the new dark side content, a limited-edition Lightsaber Controller modeled after Kylo Ren’s iconic weapon from the films will be coming to select markets this winter. In the U.S., availability is $99.99 on Lenovo online and select online retailers.9 The controller is fully compatible with all content in the Jedi Challenges app.
Further product information, blogs, product videos, podcasts and infographics are available in Lenovo’s StoryHub here.
Other new Lenovo products launched today include:
- Yoga S730 – A premium laptop built for ultra-portability and performance, the new Yoga S730 offers up to 10 hours of battery life,7 rapid charging, Dolby Vision,10 Dolby Atmos Speaker System and the latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Availability is end of October in EMEA with a starting price of €999 (inc VAT).9
- Yoga Chromebook™ – This premium new Chromebook marries a breathtaking up-to-4K, near-edgeless, touchscreen display with the performance of 8th Gen Intel Core processors, SSD storage, DDR4 memory, and up to 10 hours of battery life.7 Availability is end of October in EMEA with a starting price of €799 (inc VAT).9
- Lenovo Chromebook C330 – Offering the latest multimedia in high-definition, the Lenovo Chromebook C330 features a 10-point touchscreen IPS display for easy viewing in tent, tablet, stand, or laptop mode. It provides automatic updates to protect users from the latest malware while delivering fast and easy-to-use day-to-day performance via powerful processing with integrated graphics and eMMC storage—all with up to 10 hours of battery life.7 Availability is November in EMEA with a starting price of €349 (inc VAT).9
- Lenovo Chromebook S330 – Featuring up to a FHD anti-glare IPS display that is near-edgeless for effortless enjoyment of multimedia content, the Lenovo Chromebook S330 is designed to stay up to date. It has LPDDR3 memory, an additional 100GB of cloud storage and eMMC storage for quick boot-ups and multitasking. Availability is November in EMEA with a starting price of €279 (inc VAT).9
- Lenovo L27m Monitor – A 27-inch Full HD, near edgeless wide-viewing display, this monitor can power your devices, reduce wire clutter and simultaneously enable fast, easy data transfers and connections over a single cable8 with the versatile USB Type-C port. Availability is end of November in EMEA with a starting price of €279 (inc VAT).9
- Lenovo Legion Y530 Laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 upgrade – Slim and sleek for mainstream gamers on the go, this high-performance gaming laptop with 8th Gen Intel Core processors gets even more powerful with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPUs. Availability is October in EMEA with a starting price of €1399 (inc VAT).9
- Lenovo Legion T730 and C730 level up – The Lenovo Legion T730 VR-ready tower and the compact Lenovo Legion C730 both get a huge performance boost, real-time ray-tracking in games and powerful AI enhanced graphics with up to the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX™2070 and RTX 2080 GPU refreshes (and up to RTX 2080 Ti GPU on the Lenovo Legion T730). The Lenovo Legion T730 is a 28L powerhouse wrapped in a refined chassis with a transparent side panel revealing an array of customizable RGB lighting, while the space-saving Lenovo Legion C730 is a striking 19L cube with fully loaded overclocked components. Both continue to feature up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processors for incredible gaming performance. Availability is November in EMEA with a starting price of €1999 (inc VAT) for the Lenovo Legion T730 with GeForce RTX 2070 refresh, and €2699 (inc VAT) with the GeForce RTX 2080 refresh.9 The Lenovo Legion C730 with GeForce RTX 2070 refresh starts at €1999 (inc VAT) and with GeForce RTX 2080 starts at €2699 (inc VAT). More to come on its availability.9
- Lenovo Legion™ 15.6” Recon Gaming Backpack – Designed for mainstream gamers, its sleek and spacious form offers durable protection for laptops, gaming accessories and more — made of high density water-repellent material and breathable padding for comfort.
1 Devices require iOS™ 7 (or higher) or Android™ 4.4 KitKat (or higher).
2 Based on research conducted by Lenovo August 23, 2018 of laptops sold by major PC manufacturers shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually.
3 Cortana and Alexa are expected to be available on the Yoga C930 (with far-field voice recognition technology supporting up to 4 meters away on Cortana, and 2.74 meters on Alexa). Users will need to download and install Alexa; the latest system updates on Lenovo Vantage and Windows 10 April 2018 update (Version 1803 or higher) will also be required to access Alexa.
Alexa is expected to be available on Yoga S730 later this year, and same conditions will be necessary to enable Alexa. Alexa is expected to eventually be pre-loaded on both Yoga C930 and Yoga S730. For both devices, Alexa will be enabled in the US; and in the UK and Germany later this year.
4 Based on a mixed usage profile that includes online browsing, playing music and video, drawing, reading and typing. Actual results will vary, and depend on numerous factors including product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.
5 Requires separately purchased cellular data plan that may vary by location. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges apply. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
6 Up to 25+ hours based on local video playback requires unit configured with Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 Mobile Compute Platform. Actual battery performance will vary and depend on numerous factors including product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.
7 All battery life claims are approximate and based on test results using the MobileMark 2014 ver 1.5 battery life benchmark test. Actual results will vary, and depend on numerous factors including product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See https://bapco.com/products/mobilemark-2014/ for additional details.
8 One cable connection for simultaneous power, data, video/audio transfers requires your devices to support a full-function USB Type-C in DisplayPort alt mode.
9 Prices may not include tax and do not include shipping or options and are subject to change without notice; additional terms and conditions apply. Reseller prices may vary. On-shelf dates and color options may vary by geography and products may only be available in selected markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice.
10 The Yoga S730 is Dolby Vision capable pending a future software update.
11 ThinkPad X1 Extreme with Intel Core i9 processor will be available starting December 2018.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune Global 500 company and a global technology leader in driving Intelligent Transformation through smart devices and infrastructure that create the best user experience. Lenovo manufactures one of the world’s widest portfolio of connected products, including smartphones (Motorola), tablets, PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion) and workstations as well as AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society. Lenovo works to inspire the difference in everyone and build a smarter future where everyone thrives. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, read about the latest news via our Storyhub, or visit our website at http://www. lenovo.com/
LENOVO, YOGA and LENOVO LEGION are trademarks of Lenovo. GOOGLE ASSISTANT, ANDROID and CHROMEBOOK are trademarks of Google LLC. iOS is a trademark of Cisco. AMAZON and ALEXA are trademarks of Amazon Technologies, Inc. DOLBY ATMOS, DOLBY ATMOS SPEAKER SYSTEM and DOLBY VISION are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation. STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd. WINDOWS, CORTANA and WINDOWS HELLO are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. E INK is a trademark of E Ink Corporation. NVIDIA, GEFORCE and RTX are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation. QUALCOMM and SNAPDRAGON are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Other company, product and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others and are the property of their respective owners. ©2018, Lenovo Group Limited.