Data Warehousing and Memory Innovations
At SAPPHIRE NOW 2016, Lenovo announced new initiatives intended to enable even higher performance to support larger SAP S/4HANA applications and provide greater flexibility in data management. The two companies showcased the following advancements at the event:
- Expanded memory support for solutions running on SAP HANA using systems with next-generation Intel processors. This advanced capability will provide 33 percent more memory for SAP S/4HANA solutions. Lenovo intends to support up to eight-socket, 8TB configurations with new systems integrating Intel next-generation processors and SAP HANA SPS12. This innovation will enable customers to expand their SAP S/4HANA footprint and deliver the faster, more responsive data access needed to drive their digital enterprises.
- SAP, Lenovo and Samsung highlighted a forward-looking vision of in-memory systems that will leverage 128GB memory technology to unleash further performance advancements, as well as new levels of scalability and optimal in-memory solutions. These types of systems will be particularly productive for large transactional and data-driven workloads.
New Solutions at SAPPHIRE NOW 2016
Lenovo also joined with global integrators CSC, Bluefin and iOLAP at SAPPHIRE NOW 2016 to demonstrate jointly created solutions based on SAP HANA. These offerings address client needs for compliance, security, remote access and assessment of SAP S/4HANA, respectively. In addition, Lenovo also joined with Nutanix to highlight Lenovo’s leading HX hyperconverged solutions for SAP Business Suite applications running on SAP NetWeaver. Lenovo’s exhibit at SAPPHIRE NOW included the following demonstrations:
- CSC cybersecurity services have been trusted by clients for over 40 years because they give them the confidence to secure their operations. CSC offers a solution combining Lenovo x86 servers utilizing SAP S/4HANA, SAP HANA and Cyber Security with Greenlight to reduce security and regulatory compliance risks with the simplicity of automated processes.
- Bluefin’s solution highlights new IoT and wrist to cloud capability to bring data from various sources and integrate into SAP HANA. The offering will help customers build a resilient environment that supports real-time data access and predictive analytics from multiple sources such as Lenovo YOGA tablets and ThinkPad laptops.
- Lenovo and iOLAP demonstrated how they will provide customers with end-to-end implementation services for SAP HANA, from jumpstart and assessment to full migrations and design optimization. The two companies will provide high-touch, end-to-end services that help customers accelerate their programs for SAP HANA. These services will leverage the iOLAP jumpstart assessment offering for SAP HANA, which better enables customers to determine their needs utilizing a proprietary TCO and sizing optimization model, as well as a customized deployment approach.
- Lenovo showed its Converged HX Series hyperconverged solutions running workloads in SAP Business Suite applications. These bring the benefits of web-scale infrastructure to customers using SAP Business Suite. They deliver the performance, simplicity and efficiency by containing the data footprint and managing storage virtually through a single interface.
Lenovo is showcasing its enterprise solutions for SAP software during SAPPHIRE NOW 2016 at booth #217. SAPPHIRE NOW and the ASUG Annual Conference are the world’s premier business technology event and largest SAP customer-run conference, offering attendees the opportunity to learn and network with customers, SAP executives, partners and experts across the entire SAP ecosystem.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $45 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode Yoga brands), workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Moto brand), tablets and apps. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Facebookor Twitter (@Lenovo) or visit us at www.lenovo.com.
1. Available with SAP HANA SP12 release and BW7.5 SP01 or higher
SAP, SAPPHIRE, SAP NetWeaver, SAP HANA and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
“Our presence at SAPPHIRE NOW clearly demonstrates the compelling benefits of Lenovo’s truly open approach to creating data center solutions with SAP and other industry leaders. By collaborating to innovate and solve problems free of legacy thinking, we are becoming our clients’ most trusted data center partner. We’re also enabling customers to harness the power of big data and real-time analytics to reinvent their businesses in the digital economy.” – Brian Connors, vice president, Next Generation IT & Business Development, Data Center Group, Lenovo.
“Clients are faced with ever-increasing regulatory and compliance challenges associated with cyber attacks and digital theft. The CSC Cybersecurity offering provides a comprehensive solution that helps clients establish effective strategies, which support and complement their digital strategy, resulting in reduced financial impact and business risk. The powerful alliance between CSC and SAP, leveraging Greenlight Technologies with Lenovo servers, delivers a state-of-the-art solution to solve the foundational challenge of cybersecurity” – Dan Hushon, chief technology officer, CSC
“Lenovo and Bluefin have co-innovated again to deliver an integrated solution for IoT scenarios which link wearables and SAP data into the datacenter, providing real-time visibility into customers.” – John Appleby, General Manager, Bluefin Solutions
“Lenovo has been a leader in the SAP HANA market since the early days when SAP introduced SAP HANA back in 2010. The market and technology continues to change at light speed, which has provided tremendous innovation, opportunities, and challenges for our clients. We are excited about our partnership with Lenovo as it will enable us to offer our clients a truly integrated set of services and capabilities to better understand and address their challenges while providing superior value, reduced risk, and innovation for the future.” – Don Mettica, Senior Vice President and COO, iOLAP
“FIT chose Lenovo system x appliances for SAP HANA to underpin our customers’ mission-critical SAP systems not only because Lenovo’s solution is scalable, flexible and future-proof, but also because of the excellent quality of service Lenovo brings to bear.” – Chris Spruill, Vice President Enterprise Architecture, Freudenberg IT