Hong Kong, September 8, 2011 – Lenovo Group, the world’s third-largest PC manufacturer, has received an A+ rating on the 2011 Hang Seng Corporate Sustainability Index, focused on companies in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
The index is designed to help investors and other relevant stakeholders measure and benchmark corporate sustainability performance, including corporate governance, environmental impact, social impact and workplace practices of candidate companies. The analysis is issued by RepuTex, a leading carbon and ESG analytics firm, in collaboration with Hang Seng Index Company (HSI).
Lenovo’s A+ ranking places it on the RepuTex Honour Board, among the top 10 of the 638 companies whose corporate sustainability performance was examined by the second annual report.
In addition to being recognized on the Corporate Sustainability Index, Lenovo in 2010 was selected as one of the 45 constituent companies comprising the Heng Seng Index which tracks the overall performance of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
As a global company, Lenovo supports and implements sustainable business practices and is devoted to ensuring that its products, employees, sites and suppliers are following the commitments the company has made to environmental and socially responsible business practices. Lenovo’s corporate social responsibility commitments encompass areas of:
· Environmental affairs, which are a strategic focus in all aspects of the company’s business, from product design and supplier selection to manufacturing and product life cycle management.
· Focusing on product quality and safety throughout the entire life cycle
· Building a safe and healthy workplace where Lenovo treat its people as the company’s greatest asset.
· Maintaining the highest ethical standards with a commitment to integrity and responsibility
· Donating time and resources to philanthropy to help those less fortunate and, when disaster strikes
RepuTex is a leading carbon and ESG analytics firm specialising in greenhouse gas
(GHG) emissions and carbon cost intelligence on the power, energy, transport and
metals industries. The company has comprehensive coverage of Environment/
Social/Governance (ESG) research on Asian stocks, with the largest coverage and
analytical team in Asia.
RepuTex ESG insights and intelligence is made available to financial institutions,
companies and third parties. It also provides in-house training to companies seeking to grow knowledge in ESG and carbon risk exposures. The company has offices in Hong Kong, London and Melbourne.